I have always been a huge proponent of getting free stuff for normal activities. That is why I love these mileage malls. Almost every airline has some type of mileage program. Most consumers earn miles by flying, or by using a credit card. However, the biggest secret that airlines keep is that they have mileage malls, where consumers can buy stuff online through normal retailers, and earn miles (sometimes up to 4 miles per dollar spent!).
These are websites that consumers normally shop through, such as Target, Nordstrom, Apple, etc. You can even earn additional miles in store by registering your credit card or debit card number with the mileage plus mall. You will then earn points every time your registered card is used at participating stores.
How Online Airline Mileage Malls Work
Airline mileage malls reward you with airline miles for doing the spending you would normally do anyway. Almost every airline in operation has some type of partnership agreement where you can earn airline miles for some type of shopping. Some restrict it to certain partners, while others allow you to shop just about anywhere online or in stores.
For example, United has a Mileage Plus Mall that offers:
– 1 mile per $1 spent at Office Depot
– 1 miles per $1 spent at Apple
– 2 miles per $1 spent on Groupon
– 2 miles per $1 spent Textbooks.com
Airline Mileage Mall List
- United Mileage Plus Mall
- American AAdvantage Shopping
- Continental ShopOnePass
- Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Shopping
- Delta SkyMiles Shopping
- Hawaiian Shop and Earn
- US Airways Dividend Miles Shopping Mall
- Virgin America Partner Shopping
- British Airways Avios Miles Mall
- Frontier Airlines e-Miles Shopping Program
- JetBlue TrueBlue Mileage Partners
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Partners
- Spirit Airlines Mall
Deals and Promotions Always Change
Remember, airline mileage deals and promotions are always changing. We strive to keep this list as up to date as possible.
It was last updated in May 2017.
Be sure to check out these easy ways to earn some extra miles and points for things you already do!