Ready To Get Out Of Debt And Start Building Real Wealth Today?
Hi! I'm Robert Farrington. I am America’s Millennial Money Expert® and America’s Student Loan Debt Expert™. I am also the founder of The College Investor, which is the #1 resource for helping millennials get out of student loan debt and start building real wealth for their future. I've been on this mission since 2009.
The College Investor is designed to be the #1 tool to help you get out of student loan debt, learn how to earn more money, understand how to start investing, all so you can build real wealth.
I love nothing better than sharing my knowledge with those who are willing to grow.
Enter your details below to join over 30,000 others who've taken the first steps to escape their student loan debt. You'll get my 5 favorite FREE tools for getting out of student loan debt. Let's take action together!
I consider Robert Farrington to be one of the top experts when it comes to student loan debt in America.
Good Financial Cents
Since I can remember, I've had a passion for investing and all things related to personal finance. Honestly, when I was about 13, I wanted to do my own taxes. Yes, taxes. But what I really liked about it was that I had even made income to pay taxes on. I thought that was so cool. Throughout my teens, I focused my attention on ways to make money. I sold stuff on eBay, and took my earnings and saved and invested. I made more money than I lost, and I was hooked.
Once I got to college, I soon realized that most people were oblivious to investing and personal finance. However, there was a small group that really found it interesting, but they weren’t quite my style. This group was investing and doing some crazy stuff (penny stocks, etc.) and it didn’t really suit me. So, I went my own direction with a mix of common sense personal finance and investing ideas.
It turns out, when I went to graduate school, this is what most of my friends were looking for. Even though this was a class of MBA students, many people were unaware of the basics of personal finance and investing. I ended up helping many of my peers, and have since been helping people here.
The College Investor Moment
I started this blog to showcase my common sense student loan and investing strategies with other millennials. At work and school, I heard some pretty scary advice, and I'm not okay with that. With The College Investor, I want to be as transparent as possible and highlight both the good and the bad. I also want to make sure that I’m helping and not hurting.
That is where student loan debt came in. The #1 dilemma holding back millennials from investing and building real wealth is student loan debt. I know - it was my struggle for a while as well. It led me to write my first eBook, Student Loan Debt: Getting in Smart, Getting out Painlessly. I’m giving it away for free, all you have to do is sign up.
I don’t consider myself some sort of investing “guru”, my ideas are not new, and my techniques aren’t secret. There are no “get-rich-quick” schemes here. Building real wealth takes hard work, patience, and time. My goal is to showcase a variety of personal finance and investing ideas, and hopefully some prove useful to you.
I've been married to my wife Lisa for over seven years. We have one son and one daughter together. We live in San Diego, CA.
Enter your details below to join over 30,000 others who've taken the first steps to escape their student loan debt. You'll get my favorite FREE tools for getting out of student loan debt.
Work With Me
I love nothing better than sharing what I have learned with those who are eager to grow. If this sounds like you, we need to connect.
Here are five ways you can access my knowledge and experience. I have arranged these in order, from those that require the least investment to those that require the most.
- Search My Site. I have written more than 1,200 blog posts on this site. Chances are, I have already addressed your question or issue. Just use the search box in the upper right-hand corner of this page.
- Subscribe To My Updates. I currently publish three new blog posts a week. I write on personal finance, investing, student loan debt, earning more money via career and business, and more. By subscribing, you’ll get my latest thinking delivered straight to your inbox. Learn more...
- Buy One Of My Products. You can find them all on my Products page. They represent my best thinking on various topics, including getting out of student loan debt and investing. Learn more...
- Book Me As A Speaker. I have been speaking publicly for the past several years. I have given presentations on personal finance and student loan debt to groups and organizations, both in person and online (via webinar). If you have an event that you would like me to consider, please Contact Me.
- Hire Me As A Consultant. I love one-on-one interactions with companies and brands, but I have limited time for it. Therefore, I am very selective. I also charge very high fees. But if you think that you could benefit from one-on-one interaction with me, please Contact Me.
Want To Chat or Feature Robert?
Want to feature Robert Farrington? Just reach out on our Contact Form.
Meet The Team
Honestly, I can't do it all alone. I have an amazing team that supports The College Investor and the cause of helping young adults make smart financial decisions. Want to learn more? Meet The College Investor team.