Welcome To The Student Loan Debt Movement
Let's work together to pay down, reduce, or eliminate $1,000,000 (or more) in student loan debt!
The Student Loan Elimination Leaderboard
Total Debt Eliminated To Date: $1,430,599.23
Total Participants: 3,439
How to get on the leaderboard? Share with us the actions you've taken and how much debt you've eliminated this month. You could save by switching repayment plans, finding student loan forgiveness, refinancing your student loans, side hustling, and more. Those who eliminate the most debt (and can prove it) will get some awesome prizes at the end of the month!
Thank you so much to everyone who participated in our Student Loan Debt Movement!
If you're late to the party, you can still take action on your student loan debt here:
$500 Weekly Prizes:
Week 1: Tessa G.
Week 2: Fortune A.
Week 3: Jen O.
Weel 4: Terra C.
$3,000 Leaderboard Prizes:
1. Mary C.
2. Jessica P.
3. Norma O.
Student Loan Debt Resources
Check out our top resources for getting out of student loan debt. Make sure that you sign up for the movement and get access to our private Student Loan Debt Movement Facebook group, where we host 2x weekly office hours to answer your student loan debt questions.
Click the links below to learn more. Some links may be from partners we recommend and may receive compensation (at no cost to you) if you use their services.
Discover all the student loan repayment plan options available to you and see if you can save money each month.
Find if you qualify for various student loan repayment plans, from Federal loans to repayment assistance from your state or employer.
It can be confusing to know the best path to take with your student loan debt. See if paying for professional help can make sense for you.
Eliminating student loan debt starts with budgeting and tracking your income, expenses, and loans. If you're not sure where to even start, start here.
Why A Student Loan Debt Movement?
Student loan debt drives me nuts. Beyond the financial toll it can take on borrowers, getting out of it can be a hard and confusing process. With so many different payment plans, loan forgiveness options, different loan types, it can be really hard to know the best path to get out of student loan debt.
And that doesn't even take into consideration the emotional toll that student loans can have. From depression, to a delay of life events like buying a house or starting a family, student loan debt is a struggle.
But with $1.4 trillion in outstanding student loan debt, it's a problem that's not going away any time soon. For individuals, though, it's a problem that can be conquered. It just takes the right combination of education, inspiration, and action.
Education - You have to know what repayment plan makes sense. What forgiveness options you might qualify for. And you need to create a path forward.
Inspiration - You need to be motivated to stick to your plan. Hopefully seeing others in the Student Loan Debt Movement will give you some inspiration.
Action - No matter how much you know, and how inspired you feel, nothing will change if you don't take the steps necessary. You can earn bonus entries for our weekly giveaways and surprise bonuses for taking action this month.
That's why I wanted to start a student loan movement. I want to see if we can inspire our readers to pay down, reduce, or eliminate $1,000,000 in student loan debt during the month of March.
I graduated with $43,000 in student loan debt and was able to eliminate it in about 3 years. I worked full time, side hustled, and focused on my budget to put every extra dollar I could to make those loans disappear.
Over years of helping others here on The College Investor, I've seen countless others get out of student loan debt doing the same thing. Let's see what we can do together this month!
Student Loan Debt Movement Bloggers
Check out this awesome list of bloggers, podcasters, Instagrammers, and YouTubers who made the commitment to share the Student Loan Debt Movement with their audience. Without them, this whole campaign would be pretty much useless.
I'm humbled to have to many others help out and educate their audiences on the tools, tips, and tactics (along with a solid dose of inspiration) to eliminate as much student loan debt as quickly as possible.
- The Complete Guide To Getting Out Of Debt - Financial Mentor
- Everything You Need To Know About PSLF - Red To Green
- Student Loan Reality: You Are Not Alone - Surviving Student Loans
- Change Your Debt Mindset And Finally Pay Off Your Debt - Funding Cloud Nine
- Why You SHOULD Worry About Student Loan Interest - Jackie Beck
- March's Student Loan Debt Movement + New Debt App - Budgets Are Sexy
- 6 Things You Can Do To Attack Your Student Loan Debt - My Money Chronicles
- This Is Why You Should Pay Minimum Student Loan Payments - Personal Finance For Beginners
- Paying Off $240,000 In Student Loan Debt - Emily Shutt
- Student Loan Debt & Why I Hate It - Chief Mom Officer
- Guide To Paying Back Student Loan Debt - Bull In Captivity
- Should I Refinance My Student Loans? - Club Thrifty
- What You Need To Know About Student Loan Debt Consolidation - Money Nav
- It's Time To Get Serious About Student Loan Debt - Go From Broke
- Struggling With Student Loan Debt? You're Not Alone - Money Manifesto
- How To Refi Student Loans With Lower Rates - Wallet Hacks
- Kicking Student Loan Debt To The Curb (for good) - Good Life. Better.
- How I Paid Off My Student Loans [On A Small, Part Time Income] - Stefanie O'Connell
- Get Off The Hamster Wheel And Pay Off Your Student Loans Fast - ChooseFi
- 6 Tips For Eliminating Student Loan Debt ASAP - Two Cup House
- Join The Student Loan Debt Movement - Spend Life Wisely
- How To Pay Off $43k In Student Loans In 3 Years - Money Nerds Podcast
- How To Qualify For Public Service Loan Forgiveness - Financial Residency
- Should You Pay Off Your Student Loans Before Starting A Business? - Hustle To Startup
- The Questions To Answer Before Refinancing Your Student Loans - Phroogal
- My Student Loan Debt Is The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me - Natalie Bacon
- Why I Continue To Overpay My Student Loans While I Don't Have Income - Open Mouths Get Fed
- Why I'm Grateful For My Student Loans Even Though They Can Eat A Bag Of D*** - Notorious DEBT
- How I Paid Off $25,302 Of Student Loan Debt On A Smaller Income - Well Kept Wallet
- 9 Smart Tips To Pay Off Student Loans Faster - Kayla Sloan
- Why I Refinanced My Student Loans - Wealth Noir
- America's Money Crisis And What You Can Do About It - Financial Wealth And Health
- Everything You Need To Know About Student Loans & How To Get Rid Of Them - Journey To Launch
- Student Loan Debt To Financial Independence - Stay Wealthy San Diego
- Ditch Your Debt: Join The Student Loan Debt Movement - Your Money, Your Wealth
- 7 Student Loan Tax Tips - Boston Student Loan Lawyer
- Don't Make These Student Loan Mistakes - Financialdemics
- 5th Parent PLUS Loan Gone In 1 Year - Tainted Tiara
- 8 Alternatives To Student Loans To Pay For College Debt Free - Thrifty Couple
- 10 Ways To Pay Off Student Loans Fast - Whitney Hansen
- Student Loans Dictated My Life Choices Until I Fought Back - Dear Debt