District of Columbia Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
The District of Columbia isn't its own state, but the district does have some student loan forgiveness programs as well.
Residents of the District of Columbia can also potentially qualify for various Federal student loan forgiveness programs.
You can find a great list of Federal student loan forgiveness programs here: Top Student Loan Forgiveness Programs.
Washington DC Loan Forgiveness Programs
Program: DC Health Professional Loan Repayment Program
- Amount: Varies
- Description: DC’s Health Professional Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP) provides loan repayment to eligible District providers practicing in HPLRP-certified Service Obligation Sites for contract periods of two to four years.
§ Be a citizen or permanent resident of the US
§ Be licensed to practice in DC
§ Have no other service obligation
§ Agree to practice at a qualifying site
- Program Details: http://doh.dc.gov/service/dc-health-professional-loan-repayment-program-hplrp
Program: District of Columbia Bar Foundation Loan Repayment Assistance Program
- Amount: Up to $12,000 yearly
- Description: The DC Bar Foundation’s mission is to fund, support, and improve DC’s civil legal services network. One way that the Foundation improves DC’s civil legal services network is by providing loan repayment assistance to qualified attorneys working for an eligible employer in DC. This program, called the loan repayment assistance program (LRAP), has two goals: (1) increase the number of experienced, skilled lawyers working on behalf of low-income individuals based in DC; and (2) assist DC public interest lawyers who have incurred significant educational debt.
§ Must be a DC resident
§ Must be an employee of a qualified employer
§ Must work at least 17 hours per week in a field that uses a legal degree
§ Must be a graduate of an accredited law school
§ Must be in good standing with the DC Bar
§ Must be in good standing with all educational loans
§ Salary must be less than $79,567.50
- Program Details: http://www.dcbarfoundation.org/funding-justicegrantslrapawards/lrap/about-lrap
Return to Student Loan Forgiveness Programs by State.