Wyoming Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
Wyoming has several student loan forgiveness programs that are specific to just the State of Wyoming.
However, residents of the State of Wyoming can also potentially qualify for various Federal student loan forgiveness programs.
You can find a great list of Federal student loan forgiveness programs here: Top Student Loan Forgiveness Programs.
Wyoming Loan Forgiveness Programs
Program: Wyoming Healthcare Professional Loan Repayment Program
- Amount: Up to $30,000 yearly, for 3 years
- Description: The intent of the program is to enhance the ability of medically underserved Wyoming communities to recruit and retain healthcare professionals.
§ Be within one year of licensure/graduation and must furnish transcripts and projected licensure/graduation date.
§ Have a current and valid license or temporary license to practice such healthcare profession in Wyoming by the time of execution of contract;
§ Be an American citizen or permanent resident
§ Agree to serve an equivalent of full-time for a minimum of three years at the site approved by the Wyoming Department of Health in exchange for financial assistance;
§ Agree to enter into a contract agreement with the Wyoming Department of Health that binds him/her to the terms of the Wyoming Healthcare Provider Loan Repayment Program
§ Agree not to discriminate against any person on the basis of his/her ability to pay for services or because payment for the health services provided to the individual will be made under part A or B of Title XVIII of the Federal Social Security Act;
§ Agree to enter into an agreement with the Wyoming Department of Health to provide services to Wyoming residents qualified under the Wyoming Medical Assistance and Services Act (Medicaid), and the Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP/KidCare);
§ Not have an education loan that is in default at the time of application for the loan repayment program;
§ Agree to disclose other sources of education loan repayment, any other obligations to practice his/her profession at a specific location for a specified time frame, and any other existing loan repayment arrangements in his/her application for the loan repayment program; and
§ Not already participate in another Loan Repayment Program such as National Health Service Corps, or other repayment programs that require practicing at a specific location for a specified time frame. Once the service commitment is completed, individuals may apply for this program;
§ Agree, if in breach of the contract, to repay the total amount of the loan repayment award.
- Program Details: http://www.health.wyo.gov/rfhd/rural/loan.html
Program: Wyoming Veterinary Loan Repayment Program
- Amount: Up to $30,000 per year, for 3 years
- Description: The statute provides loan repayment to Wyoming-licensed veterinarians who practiced food animal medicine in the State for 6 months.
- Requirements: The veterinarians must be U.S. citizens and have graduated from an AVMA-accredited veterinary college.
- Program Details: http://www.uwyo.edu/vetsci/degree-programs/loan-repay.html
Return to Student Loan Forgiveness Programs by State.