Oregon Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
Oregon has several student loan forgiveness programs that are specific to just the State of Oregon.
However, residents of the State of Oregon can also potentially qualify for various Federal student loan forgiveness programs.
You can find a great list of Federal student loan forgiveness programs here: Top Student Loan Forgiveness Programs.
Oregon Loan Forgiveness Programs
Program: Health Care Provider Incentive Program
- Amount: Up to $35,000 per year of 50% of qualifying loan balance
- Description: The Healthcare Provider Incentive Loan Repayment Program was established by the Oregon Legislature to help support underserved communities in recruitment and retention of high quality providers who serve Medicaid and Medicare patients. In exchange for service at a qualifying practice site, participants receive funds to repay qualifying student loan debt.
- Requirement: This program is available to professionals located in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA), or have a Facility HSPA and are serving Medicaid and Medicare patients in no less than the same proportion of such patients in the county and have a Site Application on file with the Oregon Office of Rural Health and have received confirmation of site qualification
- Qualifying Professions: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Marriage and Family Counselors, and Licensed Professional Counselors.
- Program Information: http://www.oregon.gov/oha/HPA/HP-PCO/Pages/HC-Provider-Incentive.aspx
Program: Oregon State Bar Loan Repayment Assistance Program
- Amount: Up to $7,500 yearly, for 3 years
- Description: The Oregon State Bar is pleased to announce its new Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP). The Oregon State Bar recognizes that substantial educational debt can create a financial barrier which prevents lawyers from pursuing or continuing careers in public service law. The mission of the OSB LRAP is to attract and retain public service lawyers by helping them pay their educational debt.
§ Must have qualifying employment
§ Program applicants must be licensed to practice in Oregon. Program participation is not limited to graduates of Oregon law schools or to Oregon residents, provided the applicant works in Oregon.
§ Applicants with salaries at the time of initial application greater than $65,000 will be ineligible for Program participation.
§ All graduate and undergraduate educational debt in the applicants name will be eligible for repayment assistance. Applicants with eligible debt at the time of initial application less than $35,000 will be ineligible for Program participation.
- Program Information: https://www.osbar.org/lrap
Return to Student Loan Forgiveness Programs by State.