Florida Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
Florida has several student loan forgiveness programs that are specific to just the State of Florida.
However, residents of the State of Florida can also potentially qualify for various Federal student loan forgiveness programs.
You can find a great list of Federal student loan forgiveness programs here: Top Student Loan Forgiveness Programs.
If you have private student loans, it might make more sense to refinance your loans and see if you can get a lower interest rate and payment. We recommend Credible for student loan refinancing because you can find out in 2 minutes or less if it's worth it. Try out Credible here.
If you want to get one-on-one help with your student loan debt, I partner Ameritech Financial. You can call them 24 hours a day and talk to them for free: 1-866-863-3870. You can also get information on their website here: Ameritech Financial.
Florida Loan Forgiveness Programs
Program: Nursing Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Amount: Up to $4,000 per year for 4 years
- Description: The Florida Legislature established the Nursing Student Loan Forgiveness Program (NSLFP) in 1989 to encourage qualified personnel to seek employment in areas of the state where critical nursing shortages exist.
§ Be licensed as an LPN, RN, or ARNP in the state of Florida
§ Have loans incurred toward a nursing education
§ Work full-time at one of the designated employment sites established in Section 1009.66, Florida Statutes
- Program Information: http://www.floridastudentfinancialaid.org/FFELP/Nursing_Loan_Forgiveness/NursingLoanForgiveness.html
Program: Loan Repayment Assistance Programs for Lawyers
- Amount: Up to $5,000 per year
- Description: The Foundation supports a Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP) for lawyers employed at Florida legal aid and legal services organizations.
- Requirements: The Foundation forgives the loan annually for participants who remain employed full-time or part-time (at least 50% FTE) for 12 months at a Foundation general support-funded organization.
- How To Apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Information: http://www.flabarfndn.org/grant-programs/lap/loan.aspx
Return to Student Loan Forgiveness Programs by State.