Colorado Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
Colorado has several student loan forgiveness programs that are specific to just the State of Colorado.
However, residents of the State of Colorado can also potentially qualify for various Federal student loan forgiveness programs.
You can find a great list of Federal student loan forgiveness programs here: Top Student Loan Forgiveness Programs.
If you have private student loans, it might make more sense to refinance your loans and see if you can get a lower interest rate and payment. We recommend Credible for student loan refinancing because you can find out in 2 minutes or less if it's worth it. Try out Credible here. If you refinance through Credible, you can get up to a $750 bonus!
If you're not quite sure where to start or what to do, consider using a tool like LoanBuddy to help you navigate your student loans. LoanBuddy will show you the lowest repayment plan option, as well as any loan forgiveness programs you may qualify for. Plus, it helps you track your eligibility, helps with your paperwork, and more! Check out LoanBuddy here >>
Colorado Loan Forgiveness Programs
Program: Colorado Health Service Corps
- Amount: Up to $90,000
- Description: You may be eligible to receive repayment of qualified student loans if you practice in a Health Professional Shortage Area, delivering primary health care services, in a public or nonprofit clinic. The practice must accept public insurance and offer discounted services to low-income, uninsured patients on a sliding fee scale.
§ Agree to work for a term of 3 years at an approved site
§ Work part-time or full-time
§ Meet hourly requirements for direct clinical contact
- Program Information: Colorado Health Service Corps
Program: University of Denver Sturm College of Law Loan Repayment Assistance Program
- Amount: Varies
- Description: The University Of Denver Sturm College Of Law offers a Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP) to benefit alumni who make a commitment to work in the public interest.
§ Graduated with a JD from Sturm College of Law after May 2003
§ Currently work in a public service field (government or non-profit) in a position that utilizes your legal skills (judicial clerkships do not qualify)
§ Have an income below $75,000
§ Be in repayment and not past due on your student loans
- Program Information: Law Loan Repayment Assistance Program
Program: Colorado’s Law Loan Repayment Assistance Program
- Amount: Up to $6,500 per year
- Description: Colorado Law's Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP) provides partial loan repayment awards to select students who choose qualifying work.
- Requirements: Awards are contingent upon the recipient's ongoing employment in a qualifying public interest job during the annual period for which the LRAP funds are awarded. Recipients may receive LRAP awards for up to five (5) years, provided that they continue to meet the eligibility requirements and subject to available funding. Participants must reapply each year.
- Program Information: Law Repayment Assistance Program
Colorado also has several programs to help you pay for college up front. Check out our full list of Colorado Student Loan and Financial Aid programs.
Return to Student Loan Forgiveness Programs by State.