Pennsylvania Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
Pennsylvania has several student loan forgiveness programs that are specific to just the State of Pennsylvania.
However, residents of the State of Pennsylvania can also potentially qualify for various Federal student loan forgiveness programs.
You can find a great list of Federal student loan forgiveness programs here: Top Student Loan Forgiveness Programs.
Pennsylvania Loan Forgiveness Programs
Program: Pennsylvania Primary Care Loan Repayment Program
- Amount: Up to $100,000
- Description: The Pennsylvania Primary Care Loan Repayment program provides grant funding for educational loan repayment to primary care practitioners serving medically underserved populations. Educational loan repayment is an incentive to recruitment and retention of practitioners for service in federally designated Health Professional Shortage Areas and other underserved communities.
§ Must be a US Citizen
§ Must participate in Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Program
§ Must be licensed to practice in Pennsylvania
§ Must be employed by a LRP-approved site
- How To Apply: https://apps.health.pa.gov/LoanRepayment/
- Program Information: http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/primary_care_resources/14194/loan_repayment_program/608697
Program: Pennsylvania Bar Foundation – PA IOLTA Board Loan Repayment Assistance Program
- Amount: Varies
- Description: The goal of the Pennsylvania Bar Foundation – PA IOLTA Loan Repayment Assistance Program (“LRAP”) is two-fold: 1) Help attorneys employed at IOLTA-funded legal services organizations across the state better manage their undergraduate and law school student loan debt so they can afford to remain in public service; and 2) Help IOLTA-funded legal aid organizations recruit and retain the best and the brightest attorneys for service in the public good.
- Requirements: Loan applicants must be licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania or be permitted to practice law under Bar Admission Rule 311, have a valid Pennsylvania Supreme Court-identification number, be in good standing and practice law as an employee of an IOLTA-funded organization. At the next application cycle, the applicant’s total gross salary may not exceed $66,000; however if the attorney’s annual net debt service is greater than or equal to 10% of the attorney’s current annual gross salary he/she may apply regardless of the annual gross salary cap. At the time of application, the amount of educational debt based on loans from commercial and government lending institutions, as well as university or other private institutional loans associated with law school and undergraduate educational debts must be greater than or equal to the amount of the LRAP grant. The attorney’s qualifying educational debt must be in satisfactory repayment.
- Program Information: http://www.pabarfoundation.org/LRAP%5CLRAP.aspx
Return to Student Loan Forgiveness Programs by State.
Discover How You Can Be Debt Free
Join the 21,000 other members who've already taken the first steps towards student loan freedom. Sign up and get my five free tactics to lower your student loan debt.