Oregon Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
Oregon has several student loan forgiveness programs that are specific to just the State of Oregon.
However, residents of the State of Oregon can also potentially qualify for various Federal student loan forgiveness programs.
You can find a great list of Federal student loan forgiveness programs here: Top Student Loan Forgiveness Programs.
Oregon Loan Forgiveness Programs
Program: Oregon Partnership State Loan Repayment Program
- Amount: Up to $35,000 per year, for 2 years
- Description: This program is an incentive for primary care providers working in Health Profession Shortage Areas
- Requirements: SLRP candidates must be US citizens at the time of application completion, contracted to begin working or already working in a HPSA designated service site, providing services in primary care
- Program Information: http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/outreach/oregon-rural-health/providers/loan-repayment/slrp.cfm
Program: Behavioral Health Loan Repayment Program
- Amount: Up to $20,000
- Description: The Behavioral Health Loan Repayment Program (BHLRP) is a loan repayment program intended to expand the behavioral health workforce in Oregon serving the underserved populations, located primarily in rural areas and cultural or ethnic communities that are underrepresented in behavioral health services.
- Requirement: This program is only available to unlicensed behavioral health providers that have completed, or will complete within 8 months of applying to this program, a master’s level or higher degree program in one of the following fields:
§ Clinical Social Work
§ Counseling or Clinical Psychology
§ Professional Counseling
§ Marriage and Family Counseling
§ Psychiatric Nursing
- Program Information: http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/outreach/oregon-rural-health/providers/loan-repayment/bhlrp.cfm
Program: Oregon Medicaid Primary Care Loan Repayment Program
- Amount: Varies
- Description: The Medicaid Primary Care Loan Repayment Program was established by the Oregon Legislature to provide loan repayment to primary care clinicians who serve Medicaid patients in underserved areas of Oregon to ensure an adequate supply of providers.
§ Must be a qualifying practitioner
§ Must be licensed to practice in Oregon
§ Must be committed to serve Medicaid patients as 15% of total patients
§ Must be employed by a qualifying site
- Program Information: http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/outreach/oregon-rural-health/providers/loan-repayment/ompclrp.cfm
Program: Oregon State Bar Loan Repayment Assistance Program
- Amount: Up to $7,500 yearly, for 3 years
- Description: The Oregon State Bar is pleased to announce its new Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP). The Oregon State Bar recognizes that substantial educational debt can create a financial barrier which prevents lawyers from pursuing or continuing careers in public service law. The mission of the OSB LRAP is to attract and retain public service lawyers by helping them pay their educational debt.
§ Must have qualifying employment
§ Program applicants must be licensed to practice in Oregon. Program participation is not limited to graduates of Oregon law schools or to Oregon residents, provided the applicant works in Oregon.
§ Applicants with salaries at the time of initial application greater than $65,000 will be ineligible for Program participation.
§ All graduate and undergraduate educational debt in the applicants name will be eligible for repayment assistance. Applicants with eligible debt at the time of initial application less than $35,000 will be ineligible for Program participation.
- Program Information: https://www.osbar.org/lrap
Return to Student Loan Forgiveness Programs by State.