Arkansas Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
Arkansas has two student loan forgiveness programs that are specific to just the State of Arkansas.
However, residents of the State of Arkansas can potentially qualify for various Federal student loan forgiveness programs.
You can find a great list of Federal student loan forgiveness programs here: Top Student Loan Forgiveness Programs.
Arkansas Loan Forgiveness Programs
Program: State Teacher Education Program (STEP)
- Amount: Up to $4,000 per year for each year of teaching in a designated school, not to exceed 3 years
- Description: The State Teacher Education Program (STEP) provides assistance for eligible teachers with repayment of outstanding federal student loans. The Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE) shall administer the State Teacher Education Program (STEP) within the policies set by the Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
§ Applicants must be bona fide Arkansas residents, as defined by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education, for at least twelve (12) months prior to the application deadline.
§ Applicants must be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien.
§ Applicant must have graduated from a teacher education program after April 2004.
§ Applicant must have outstanding federal student loans.
§ Applicant must hold a valid Arkansas teacher’s license.
§ Applicants must teach full-time at a public school district in Arkansas during the award year
§ Teach in a subject area with a teacher shortage, as identified by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education in consultation with the Arkansas Department of Education; or
§ Teach in a geographic area with a teacher shortage, as identified by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education in consultation with the Arkansas Department of Education.
- How To Apply: Go to this website - https://www.ark.org/adhe_financialaid/login.aspx
- Program Information: http://scholarships.adhe.edu/financial-aid-for-teachers/step
Program: Out-Of-State Veterinary Medical Education Loan Repayment Program
- Amount: Varies
- Description: The Out-of-State Veterinary Medical Education Loan Repayment program will assist with repayment of federal student loans for up to five (5) years for eligible veterinarians that attended Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine and practice food supply veterinary medicine within the State of Arkansas.
- Program Information: https://www.avma.org/Advocacy/StateAndLocal/Pages/State-veterinary-loan-repayment-programs.aspx#ar
Return to Student Loan Forgiveness Programs by State.
Discover How You Can Be Debt Free
Join the 21,000 other members who've already taken the first steps towards student loan freedom. Sign up and get my five free tactics to lower your student loan debt.