I thought it would be helpful to create a resources page that you can always refer to for all your future needs. I’ll add to it and update it, but these are all things that I have used or referenced here on The College Investor.
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and will earn me a commission. These are all things that I have experience with and I am recommending because they are helpful and are companies that I trust, not because of any commission it may earn me.
- Scottrade: A great platform for trading. Best suited if you are going to trade frequently. They also have great tools for researching stocks.
- ShareBuilder.com: This is great for long-term buy and hold. They offer $4 trades if you use their automatic program!
- Thinkorswim: The best platform I have ever found for options trading.
- Benzinga: A great real-time news site with quotes and other resources.
- Propser: The best in peer-to-peer lending.
- Mint.com: I’ve spoken a lot about Mint, I use it, and I love it. It is a great tool for tracking your personal finance. And best of all, its free!
- TurboTax: Great program for doing your taxes cheap and easily!
- Think Money: UK based money-saving, budgeting, and debt advice website
- Quickbooks: I don’t talk about small business a lot, but this is solid accounting software for your small business.
Free Checking Options
- MBA No Gmat.com: #1 Guide on the Web for No GMAT MBA Programs.
- Chegg Textbook Rentals: Chegg is a great way to rent textbooks.
- SimpleTuition.com: Want to get a great private student loan? Check out SimpleTuition.
- CourseSmart: This is a great place to buy and sell textbooks for a great price.
- College Book Renter: This is an alternative to Chegg. Between both sites, you should be able to find the book you need.
Book’s I’ve Mentioned or Reviewed
- Millionaire Teacher by Andrew Hallam (Read my interview with Andrew Hallam here: 9 Questions for the Millionaire Teacher)