Having trouble selecting a financial advisor? These six tips can help you make a smart choice.
Archives for February 2015
Here are seven investment ideas for your tax refund that can help you grow your money over time.
Do you want to build a rich life? If so, it takes more than just putting your money in the stock market. In fact, these are the four most important investments you can make.
Wanna know the secrets to quickly paying off student loans? In this post four college graduates share exactly what steps they took to do it!
I’m highlighting this again because it can impact so many investors during tax season: If you own a REIT, chances are you love the fact that they pay great dividends, but hate the fact that at tax time, you have to wait for a corrected 1099 to come in March. The reason for this is […]
Here are five items that are just plain difficult to buy and deal with, and no matter what, the company and salesman never make it easy to buy quickly.
Buying a house will likely be the biggest purchase you ever make. It’s not a decision that you should take lightly and it’s not a purchase you should make on a whim. Buying a house can either be an incredible experience and (hopefully) a great investment or it can be the culprit of bankruptcy and […]
With technology growing at such a rapid speed the playing field is being leveled for the masses. Are you using this to your advantage?
Before you start investing you need to first assess your risk tolerance. Here are a few super easy ways to do that. This will be an immense help when it’s time to start investing!
Credit Karma was the first free credit score site I ever tried out and is still my favorite. While I was recently browsing through some of the new features they rolled out, it looked as if the site was geared more toward the younger generation. It’s perfect for college students and anyone else who wants […]
Investing student loans has been a hot button issue for many years. At the peak of the stock market in 2006, it was a commonly held belief that investing student loans was a wise and safe decision.
Your credit score will be very important throughout your life. It will be used to determine if you can get a credit card as well as if you qualify for a home, auto, personal, or business loan. Lenders use your credit score to determine your creditworthiness. If you have a high credit score, lenders will […]
Are student loans a mental health issue? According to a recent study they could be and I wholeheartedly agree.
Do you really know everything about how qualified your tax preparer is? Here’s what you need to know to be safe.
A couple years ago I thought the key to getting more stuff done was making lists, setting timers, and having routines. And don’t get me wrong, I still make lists and those techniques do work. But what works for me even more are mantras. Once I made the mental shift and decided that I am […]
If you’re looking to invest and would like guidance from someone experienced with financial matters, you may wonder whether or not you should go to a financial advisor or an investment banker? Although both professions also have a lot in common, like education levels and salary, with the median average for both groups being around […]
You’ve probably heard that, as humans, only use 10% of our brain. Perhaps it’s the other 90% that actually knows how to manage money. Because we suck at it. To be honest, your brain isn’t that great at a lot of things. Don’t take that as an insult— I’m sure you’re an extremely smart individual […]
Isn’t it crazy how we insure our cars, our homes, our health, and even our cell phones, but we often forget about our life? The truth is I’m guilty of it too. While I’ve always believed life insurance is important I never really understood just how important it was to have life insurance until becoming […]
Over the holiday break, I was listening to NPR and heard a story that piqued my interest. A broke college student, looking to make some extra money started selling ugly Christmas sweaters. You know, those horrendously outdated sweaters, that used to be oh-so-cool like thirty years ago. Well, ugly sweaters are back in style and […]
When you’re forging your financial path through life, you also have to decide on what your non-financial life is going to look like. Then build your financial life around that.
Have you filed your income taxes yet? If not, I have another new online tax prep provider to tell you about called E-File. I was a little iffy about E-File when I first checked them out. I hadn’t previously heard of them and wasn’t sure what to expect. In the name of an honest review […]
When it comes to investing getting started is half the battle. As a new investor you have all kinds of fears. It’s hard to get started. You don’t have enough money to start. You don’t know what you’re doing or where you should even open up an account. Here are five lessons learned from a new investor.