At the end of 2010, I set forth a series of goals for myself and The College Investor site in my post The College Investor's 2011 Goals. Since we are now 25% through 2011, I thought what a better time than now to check in and see how I'm doing, and share the results with you!
- Alexa Ranking: My goal was to get below 200,000 before the end of March, and that was achieved!!! I had a secondary goal of getting below 150,000 by the end of 2011, and I reached 149,220 yesterday! I'm now changing this goal and trying to get below 100,000 by the end of the year. Progress is now a lot slower than it was when I first started the Yakezie Challenge.
- Feedburner Subscribers: My goal this year is to have 100+ subscribers. As of now, I have about 25 on average. However, that is 20 more than when I started the year, so I think I can still make this goal.
- Twitter Followers: My goal for followers is to exceed 200 this year. I'm currently at 195, which is so close. I'm going to try and have 500 by the end of 2011!
- Facebook Fans: My goal for fans is to have over 100 by the end of 2011, and I'm currently at 61. Please become a fan by Clicking “Like” on the toolbar to your right!
- College Investor Portfolio: My goal has been to beat the S&P500 by 8% this year. Right now I'm beating the S&P500 by over 13%! Even with the increased volatility in the market, the portfolio has performed well!
I've also had some other great successes that I want to share with you!
- As of March 2011, I've become an official Yakezie Member! Please read my Yakezie Member Post if you haven't done so!
- March was also the best month yet for generating income from blogging! Please support this site by checking out our advertisers!
- I've had several posts take of virally this year: Do Not Buy Gold!, 5 Ways Facebook is Costing You Money, and Want To Invest in Oil?
Thank you to everyone for your help and support to achieving my goals this year!
– The College Investor