Merry Christmas Eve! I hope you're enjoying some great family time.
This time of year everything slows down – both online and offline. Well, to give you some reading for your Christmas break, I wanted to recap some of the top articles here on The College Investor in 2014.
This has been such an amazing year, with traffic doubling from last year and growing stronger and stronger all of the time. I can't wait to see what 2015 holds.
Hopefully, it's because you enjoyed some of the many articles we published this year. Here are the top 10 articles from 2014:
1. My Top Financial Hack: Front Loading Your Life – This article struck a lot of cords with readers, and was picked up by Lifehacker as well. So excited. I think it's so important for people to front load as much as possible. Yes, it could be tough up front, but it makes everything easier later.
2. How To Make $100k In College: These Students Prove It's Possible – I loved this article because it shows how if you hustle, you can be really successful, even at a young age. These two entrepreneurs are amazing and I hope they continue to have great success!
3. How To Become A Millionaire By 25 – This is a simple math problem: how much do you need to make to be a millionaire by 25. I love breaking it down, and seeing how it's really possible if you hustle and work hard. Plus, it helps that there are plenty of people that have done it.
4. 50+ Ways To Make Money By Side Hustling – And if you don't know how to do it, just check out this list of side hustles. This one has been a great hit, with people eating up the ideas for making money on the side.
5. Wise Banyan Review: A Free Online Financial Advisor – Really surprised to see this one in the top 10, but then again, it seems that 2014 was the year of the roboadvisor. Wise Banyan was one of the first companies in the roboadvisor space, and it makes sense that people are curious about them.
6. The Best Cell Phone Plans For College Students – Another really surprising article to make the top 10, but with the new iPhone releases and people really getting taken advantage of with their cell phone plans, I think this article struck a cord with readers. It got a ton of shares and still gets a ton of people interested in it.
7. How To Make Millions Trading Penny Stocks With Timothy Sykes – Timothy Sykes has to be one of the most controversial investors today. So, when we interview him, things were sure to catch some people's attention. He was a great sport to answer all our questions, and people still come by to check out what he has to say.
8. The Right Way To Consolidate Your Student Loans – This is a very personal article for me. Everyday I get questions from readers about student loan consolidation – especially potential scams with it. I wanted to highlight exactly what to do and what not to do, and I think this is a great article capturing that.
9. Acorns App Review – Building Wealth With Pocket Change – Another review that was really popular this year, probably because this company is even advertising on TV and people want to know if it's legit. It's a really interesting concept and I wonder how long they are around until they get bought by a big brokerage.
10. 10 Websites Every College Student Should Know About – Keeping it simple with this one: just ten websites that every college student should know about. Apparently they needed to know, because it was a really popular article as well!