Kansas Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
Kansas has multiple student loan forgiveness programs that are specific to just the State of Kansas.
However, residents of the State of Kansas can also potentially qualify for various Federal student loan forgiveness programs.
You can find a great list of Federal student loan forgiveness programs here: Top Student Loan Forgiveness Programs.
Kansas Loan Forgiveness Programs
Program: Rural Opportunity Zones Student Loan Repayment Program
- Amount: Up to $15,000
- Description: Rural Opportunity Zones are 77 counties that have been authorized to offer one or both of the following financial incentives to new full-time residents Kansas income tax waivers for up to five years or Student loan repayments up to $15,000
§ establish residency in a ROZ county after July 1, 2011 and on or after the date on which the county opts-in to the student loan program
§ hold an associate's, bachelor's or post-graduate degree
§ have an outstanding student loan balance
- Program Details: http://www.kansascommerce.com/index.aspx?nid=320
Program: Kansas State Loan Repayment Program
- Amount: Up to $25,000 per year
- Description: The Kansas State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) is a federal-supported program to provide loan repayment assistance to health care providers with qualifying educational loans. The Kansas SLRP is managed by the Office of Primary Care within the Bureau of Community Health Systems (BCHS). The SLRP is funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration through the National Health Service Corps.
§ Be a US Citizen
§ Have verifiable student loans not in default
§ Have no other existing service commitment
§ Have no outstanding contractual obligation to provide medical care
§ Not have been convicted of any felony
§ Not have been convicted of or disciplined by any state Licensing Board or Agency
§ Not have any federal liens
§ Not have a current default on any court-ordered child support payments
§ Be employed by a designated Healthcare Professional Shortage Area site
§ Accept the terms of the agreement
- Program Details: http://www.kdheks.gov/olrh/FundLoan.html
Program: Kansas Bridging Plan
- Amount: Up to $26,000
- Description: The University of Kansas Medical Center, Rural Health Education and Services (RHES), administers the Kansas Bridging Plan (KBP), a loan forgiveness program (up to $26,000) offered to physicians in Kansas residency programs of Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and Medicine/Pediatrics. Participants agree to practice medicine full-time in a rural community (not located in Douglas, Johnson, Sedgwick, Shawnee or Wyandotte County) for 36 continuous months upon completion of their residency program.
- Requirements: Resident physicians in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and Medicine/Pediatrics residency programs operated in the State of Kansas, and approved by the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts, are eligible to apply for KBP. Applicants are enrolled by numeric order until all loans are committed.
- How To Apply: http://www.kumc.edu/community-engagement/rural-health/kansas-bridging-plan/resident-physicians/application-form.html
- Program Details: http://www.kumc.edu/community-engagement/rural-health/kansas-bridging-plan.html
Return to Student Loan Forgiveness Programs by State.