Last year, I reviewed a product called the Chaikin Power Gauge Stock Rating Widget, which provided a ton of great insights into any potential stock you were looking to buy. Well, last month Chaikin Power Tools released a new service: the Chaikin Portfolio Health Check. This service combines the features of the Chaikin Power Gauge and the ability to monitor your entire portfolio, which makes for a very powerful combination.
The Chaikin Portfolio Health Check is the only analysis that shows where your portfolio may be headed in the next 3 to 6 months, based on the Chaikin Power Ratings. This provides you with a virtual watchdog that helps you act on strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and other insights.
Check out this clip from Fox Business News that highlights some of the features: http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/1711248624001/how-to-give-your-portfolio-a-check-up.
- A watchdog for your stock portfolio, helping you spot and act on strengths, weaknesses, opportunities
- Tells you weekly if you are positioned for success over the next 3-6 months
- Gives you specific ideas for swapping weak stocks and industry groups for strong ones
- Uses powerful analytics once available only to Wall Street professionals to guide you
- Clear graphics let you review and understand the report in minutes
- Shows how you’re doing compared to the S&P 500 and Chaikin Community
- Based on the proven Chaikin Power Gauge Rating
- Quickly recognize trouble spots and opportunities on the Chaikin Power Grid—where stocks and industry groups are mapped out in quadrants, green-for-bullish, red-for-bearish
How it Compared to my Portfolio Insights
I have been using the Chaikin Portfolio Health Check with my portfolio for the last several weeks, and here is how it compared to my own stock research on my selections.
First, it breaks down your portfolio’s health as either Strong, Neutral, or Weak. A strong rating for my portfolio means that you are likely to outperform the market over the next 3 to 6 months. According to the Power Ratings, 4 of my 9 stocks are rated Bullish or Very Bullish. I agree that those stocks have been performing well lately (over the last 90 days), and as a result, there has been a lot of media mentions of the companies. They have strong fundamentals and should continue to perform well over the next year.
The next piece of insight it gives you is potential swaps. This is an interesting feature, which highlights stocks that you may want to consider swapping for in the same industry group in order to get better performance. It also has a sector version as well. In two weeks, no stocks have shown up on my swap list, which I guess is a good thing. For this week, it suggested I swap my Medical Products sector for possibly Publishing, Utilities-Water Supply, or Banks & Thrifts. While those sectors are gaining momentum, I found it interesting that it still provided this info even though I had no stocks I should swap out.
If you want to try this out, get your first Portfolio Health Check free by visiting: http://www.portfoliohealthcheck.com.