I love survey and reward sites. This might sound crazy coming from me, but I find them to be a great way to earn a little extra income.
I like survey sites for a specific purpose: when I’m bored or have nothing to do, it’s great to be able to spend a few minutes doing something that doesn’t take much effort, and still make money for doing it. Seriously, when I’m watching TV with my wife, it’s usually a show on Bravo that I don’t really pay much attention to. Instead, I can go online and spend 30 minutes and earn $5-10. It’s not much, but it’s something.
When it comes to rewards sites, I love earning money for doing things I would already do. I leverage rewards sites as one of my key tactics to saving $500 per month. If you’re already going to do an activity – say buy a shirt online – why not get a bonus for doing it?
The problem is, there are a lot of options when it comes to survey and rewards sites. If you’re going to do it regularly, you need to sign up for ALL of them – because you never know when one site might have an offer while the others don’t.
If you’re not going to do it regularly, you simply want the best sites. As such, we put together this list of all the survey and reward sites available, and put our top three favorites for you to check out if you’re interested. Of course, if we’re missing any, please share them in the comments.
Our Top 3 Favorite Survey Sites
1. Pinecone – Pinecone is one of the best survey sites out there. Right now, they are looking for 18-24 year olds to participate in online surveys and focus groups. However, all participants are incentivized to do it through both cash and giftcard rewards. We like Pinecone the best because we’ve seen them consistently offer surveys and projects for people to apply to.
2. ProOpinion – ProOpinion is a free online community driven by research and fueled by thousands of business professionals. Members can share their industry insights and opinions in important and meaningful marketing research surveys on dozens of valuable topics. The great thing is that you can get cash for filling out these surveys, making it one of our favorites. Sign up for ProOpinion here.
3. Opinion Outpost – Members of Opinion Outpost get paid cash and rewards for completing paid surveys online. It’s free to sign up. Once you sign up and confirm your email address, you can start completing surveys online. It’s one of our favorites because you can get paid in cash for some surveys. Sign up for Opinion Outpost here.
Our Top 3 Favorite Reward Sites
1. Swagbucks – Swagbucks is a site that rewards you for doing various online tasks like taking surveys, watching videos, and using their search engine. When using their search engine, you get reward points after several searches, usually in the amount of 10-15 SB points. You can start cashing out rewards at the 500 SB points mark. Swagbucks also gives you a $5 bonus just for signing up.
2. Ebates – Ebates is one of the oldest and most well-known cash back sites online. Ebates has relationships with more than 1,700 merchants and has relationships with some of the more popular retailers. If you’re doing any online shopping, go through Ebates first. Just for signing up, you can earn a bonus. Sign up for Ebates here.
3. Top Cash Back – TopCashback was founded in 2005 and, while growing in popularity, it’s still less known than Ebates. TopCashback promises to be the highest paying cashback site on the market. They aim to be generous to the end user even if it tightens their margins. I like to compare the payouts between Ebates and Top Cash Back every time I shop. Sign up for Top Cash Back here.
The Big List of Survey and Reward Sites
Harris Poll – Take surveys and use your opinion to influence important decision makers in government, corporations, and non-profit organizations.
Did you ever want to tell a brand or a company how you really feel about their product or service? Well, here is your chance! Participate in a variety of market research surveys and let your voice be heard. Not only do you get to share your opinions and ideas, but you also get to receive rewards for it (which typically are giftcards from top brands). Check out Harris Poll here.
Inbox Dollars – Inbox Dollars is similar to Swagbucks in that they offer cash bonuses for searching the web or shopping online. They’re very easy to use and get started with. Just by signing up with THIS LINK you can earn a $5 bonus!
iPoll – iPoll allows you to earn cash, giftcards, and more simply for taking online polls and filling out online surveys. They are getting better all the time, and are very close to the top 3. Check out iPoll here.
Mobile Expression – Mobile Expression is a app for iPad that you install and it monitors your usage. You can earn rewards for installing it and leaving it on your device for at least 90 days. Every month after 90 days earns you more rewards. Download the Mobile Expression app here.
Neilson Digital Voice – If you don’t want to do anything out of the norm, check out Neilson Digital. You simply download the app and do what you normally do. The app runs in the background on your phone and you are entered to win rewards. Simple, easy way to get money for nothing! Download Neilson Digital here.
Opinions Network – Opinions Network is another survey site that allows you to get started with surveys right away. Just enter your email address and you can get a $5 bonus right away. Sign up for Opinions Network here.
Say So For Good – Say So For Good is a survey site that gives you rewards for participating, but they add the unique twist of also giving a meal to need children. That’s why your opinion also goes to “good”. Sign up for Say So For Good here.
Survey Spot – Survey Spot allows members to be a key factor in market research. Membership is FREE and members are rewarded with prizes and giftcards for participating in interesting research studies. Sign up for Survey Spot here.
What are your thoughts on online survey and rewards sites? Do you have any favorites that you recommend?
Discover How You Can Be Debt Free
Join the 21,000 other members who've already taken the first steps towards student loan freedom. Sign up and get my five free tactics to lower your student loan debt.