Whether you’re strapped for time, strapped for money, or both, here are five quick money making ideas that almost everyone can do.
1. Fill Out Online Surveys
If you have just a few minutes, you could spend it filling out online surveys. There are multiple sites that will pay you to do so and it’s very easy. All you have to do is register, and start filling answering questions. Typically these are online market research surveys for big brands. Some companies even pay you just for installing an app or playing a game!
Some of the most popular online survey sites include:
- Swagbucks Surveys – Swagbucks now offers a survey section and you can get $5 just for signing up.
- Survey Junkie – Earn cash and rewards for sharing your thoughts and opinions.
- ProOpinion – You can earn cash for filling out online surveys. This doesn't look like a traditional survey site, but it's one of my favorites and you should give it a try!
- Pinecone Research – You can earn $3 per survey when you join.
- Harris Poll – This company is run by Nielsen, and gives great rewards for filling out surveys.
- Opinion Outpost – Earn cash for filling out surveys.
- Survey Spot – Earn cash and rewards for filling out surveys and sharing your opinion.
- Pinecone 18-24 – If you’re 18-24, you can earn $3 per survey with Pinecone.
- Pinecone Males – If you're a guy, you can earn even more for filling out specific surveys.
- Points Club – Take surveys and get points which you can redeem. Get a $5 bonus simply for signing up with this link.
2. Test Websites
Website testing, in my opinion, is one of the more fun ways to make decent money fast.
Website owners often want unbiased critiques of their website usability which is where website testers come in. Website testers will browse a website and record their thoughts of the usability and design. As the tester you get paid pretty well for your opinion!
With UserTesting.com you can earn $10 for testing one website which only takes about twenty minutes. You can sign up with User Testing here. Payments are made daily via Paypal beginning seven days after you complete your first assignment.
3. Sell Books
Still have some unneeded college text books lying around? Luckily, they are pretty easy to offload for some extra cash.
You can check out BookScouter.com which will tell you what company will pay you the most money for your books. You simply enter the ISBN number and Book Scouter will do all the heavy lifting for you.
Beyond selling textbooks you can also download the Book Scouter app to your phone to help you find profitable books at thrift stores and garage sales.
Selling books can easily turn into a nice part time income.
4. Scrap Metal
Another quick money making idea is recycling. I know it might sound a little over simplistic, but it isn’t.
I like to think of my brother as a semi-professional recycler. If someone has a bunch of scrap metal, old appliances, or anything else they want taken off of their hands my brother will go and get it for free and cash it in at the scrap yard. The homeowners get to have someone take their junk away and my brother gets to profit off of it. It’s a win-win.
If you know someone who has been trying to unload broken appliances or has other recyclables, offer to take them off their hands and cash them in. You can also check Craigslist and the local classifieds section for these opportunities.
5. Sell Your Unused Gift Cards
It seems like the older I get the more gift cards I get – a lot of them are for places I never even go to! While I appreciate the gesture I also don’t want to let those gift cards go unused. Luckily there are tons of places where you can cash in unwanted gift cards.
If you need money on the spot you can now sell your unwanted gift cards at Coinstar machines. Just look for the special kiosks, scan your gift card, and you’ll instantly get a cash offer.
Bonus: Look for Odd Jobs on Craigslist
Need money today? Don’t forget to check your local Craigslist “help wanted” section for odd jobs. You can snag jobs that range from cleaning, help with moving, lawn care, and so much more.
All of these types of jobs should be paid upon completion and some will pay very well.
Earning a little money on the side doesn’t mean you have to take on a part time job. Instead, be creative. There are literally hundreds of ways for you to make money fast without selling your soul or chaining yourself to a desk.